Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is here again with the Fall 2014 collections! As a Chicagoan, we tend to LIVE for the fall (but we can certainly do without winter). Fall allows us to ditch our shorts and tank tops and play dress up again. More importantly, runways full of fall clothes allows me to play Frame of Mind again.
Tracy Reese is an American fashion designer who specializes in women’s ready-to-wear clothing. More importantly, Reese is from the Midwest like me! From now on I will affectionately refer to her as the Detroit Darling.
In creating this design board, I imagined an outdoor wedding!
1) My first pick for the reception include vintage brass charger plates and black and white striped plates.
2) The bridesmaids can wear all black, but the striped shoes from Zara would be a cute and fun addition to a formal dress.
3) Getting married under a striped cabana, like this one from Z. Gallerie, could definitely have the guests Instagramming all throughout the ceremony #OMGCheckOutThatCoolCabana! #BestWeddingEver!
4) Place card holders, like the Muse holders from Jonathan Adler, are so whimsical and awesome. The touch of brass pairs nicely with the charger plates.
5) Women who wear lipstick like to sip their cocktails using straws. Women AND men like to sip using striped straws. Clearly this is a hipster wedding I’m imagining.
6) Striped straws and plates are cool- but all black wine glasses will ensure that no one is able to judge someone else’s wine intake.
7) After the wedding party and guests have danced all night long- thank you cards in striped envelopes in an apropos way to send your love and appreciation.