Have you checked out the work of Tanekeya Word yet? If not, then SHAME ON YOU! Her paintings are supercalafragilisticexpialidocious. The colors and shapes in her paintings inspired me to create a Frame of Mind design board full of bold colors and interesting shapes.
1) The shapes in the back of this Ella occasional chair, which reminded me of a bed of pebbles, caught my eye. The warmth from the rattan frame melts into the orange cushion.
2) Tanekeya and I are both
obsessed in-love with miniature items. This candle holder, in the shape of a miniature pre-fab home, is a perfect décor piece for a whimsical tabletop.
4) I added a rocking bird just because I felt like it. Isn’t it cute?
5) To round out my tabletop décor items, I added a Zig Zag Bone box that compliments the bold graphic shapes in Tanekeya’s piece.
6) The Apis coffee table is the perfect addition to give the room a sense of negative space/positive space.
8) The visual softness provided by the sofa is continued with the Capel Rugs Junction in Pink Wool which also gives us an additional layer of graphic texture.
9) The Lotus Mirror is a perfect wall piece that adds whimsy and meaningfulness. A lotus flower is known as a symbol of “being totally in love with”, and I am indeed totally in love with Tanekeya’s piece and this room.
10) I can’t let this mirror stand all alone on this wall, so I’ve added a Goldie the Wall-Hanging-Ram to live alongside it. The gold horns pair nicely with the iridescence in Tanekeya’s painting.