Patrice Grell Yursik of Afrobella.com and I have teamed up to bring you our recap of this year’s New York Fashion Week from the perspective of beauty and interior design.
Monique Lhuillier is a red carpet favorite amongst Hollywood’s starlets. These young thespians and socialites were given visual cues to rewind to the past with Lhuillier’s atavistic SS14 collection that displayed a sophisticated, old Hollywood elegance. Christian Siriano‘s SS14 collection was inspired by a trip he took to Mexico. His runway show included tropical backgrounds and raffia patterns.
For this design collage, I imagined a quaint living room inspired by Christian Siriano‘s collection and a sexy bedroom inspired by Monique Lhuillier‘s collection.
1. Christian Siriano‘s dress bellows and blossoms like a flower. So this Blossom Silver Leafed Pendant from ShopTen25 is a perfect starting point for this room’s design.
2. Also from ShopTen25 is this Aqua Faux Bamboo Mirror that pairs nicely with;
3. The bordering outlines of this Surya Alameda Knotwork Light Green Hand Woven Rug from Zinc Door which ALSO pairs nicely with;
4. The Either/Or Convertible Sofa from Urban Outfitters. The aqua blue is a nice contrast to the bright chartreuse in the rug.
5. Pulling from a pop of color on the model’s lips, I’ve added this Dolomite vase from Bo Concept.
6. I love how the bottom of the dress fans out and sweeps the floor. The backing of the Handwoven Boline Chair from Anthropologie gives me that same flair.
7. Siriano’s dress also appears to be weightless, much like this Bentwood coffee table from West Elm.
8. And lastly, the Spark pillow from CB2 and the Bargello pillow from ShopTen25 add visual layers to the overall room.
For a bedroom inspired by Monique Lhuillier‘s old Hollywood glam dress I started with,
1. A classic shaped Bethany mirror from Zinc Door.
2. Who doesn’t like to breathe in fresh scents as they slumber? A fresh floral bouquet is the perfect “living accessory” for any room.
3. The black lace print in the Thomas Paul Doily ebony-cream rug from Zinc Door reminds me of the delicacy that’s displayed in Lhuillier’s SS14 collection.
4. The deep red hues in the dress prompted me to add this crimson headboard from Overstock.com.
5. For an additional pinch of texture and layering, I’ve added the Magical Thinking Crewel Ikat pillow and Magical Thinking Diamond Kilim pillow, both from Urban Outfitters.
7. This Grafton Flora Dora chair from Anthropologie adds a vintage and sweet touch.
8. For a nightstand, a natural wood tree stump from West Elm pairs nicely with the chair’s natural wood finish.
9. Lastly, for flourishing grandeur, the room needs this Black Metal Chandelier from ShopTen25.
What do you think? We’d certainly love to hear your thoughts.
Don’t forget to check back tomorrow to see another design collage inspired by the runway!