I recently created a FleaPop shop! *crowd roars* As I checked out some of the other shop profiles, I saw so many yummy décor items that I decided to do a Frame of Mind collage inspired by Tamara de Lempicka’s Femme en Vert.
Lempicka was a Polish Art Deco painter and “the first woman artist to be a glamour star”. Her distinctive and bold artistic style was influenced by what Lhote sometimes referred to as “soft cubism” and by Maurice Denis’ “synthetic cubism” and epitomized the cool yet sensual side of the Art Deco movement. For her, Picasso (the creator of “cubism”) “embodied the novelty of destruction”. She thought that many of the Impressionists drew badly and employed “dirty” colors. De Lempicka’s technique would be novel, clean, precise, and elegant.
I’ve chosen pieces from various FleaPop shops that employ the same clean, precise and elegant viewpoints as well as pieces that emulate the Art Deco period.
1) Light up Brass Art Deco Inspired Ashtray Stand from Soiree in Style
2) Metallic Green Vase from Small Fun Things
3) Brass Hammered Coffee Table from Design Mix Furniture
4) Antique Shoe Form Bookends from Adeeni Home
5) Leather Chaise from Pop My Vintage Home
6) Solid Brass Armillary Sphere from Small Fun Things
7) Oval Vintage Whiskey Decanter from The MCB Shop
8) Icarus Pendant Light from Spruce