The MCB Project‘s baby cousin, The MCB Shop, will be debuting it’s S/S 14 collection of turbans this week! We are excited to share with you a fun collection perfect for hot days under the sun and warm nights under the stars. We’re especially excited to reveal our collaboration with artist, Alicia Piller, who has created brooches exclusively for The MCB Shop.
If you’re in Chicago, join us on Thursday, May 1st at Sir & Madame (Hyde Park) for The MCB Shop’s trunk show. Details are provided below.
Yesterday we demonstrated how you could style your outfit while wearing our Bleeding Heart turban. Check out our frame of mind as we show you a style created for the S.H.I.N.E. turban!
1. There are so many things that can go wrong with an outfit. One of those things almost never includes a white tee. Its comfortable. It’s easy. It looks as if you really don’t care because you truly woke up like this.
2. There’s a little back story behind this piece. My mom went to Paris a few years ago and bought me a beautiful necklace. I, being relatively clumsy, of course broke it. My mom told me to give the pieces to designer, Alicia Piller (who will literally find a way to make SOMETHING out of anything broken), and this stunning necklace is what she came up with. Alicia traded the salvaged stones with another necklace for me to wear. However, when I saw this beauty, I wanted to buy it! My mom told me “STOP! You have enough necklaces by Alicia. Let someone else enjoy her work.” Yeah….sorry (not sorry) Mom…I just asked Alicia to mail that necklace to me just four days ago.
3. Who said that leather weather was strictly bound to the Autumn? Certainly not Rag and Bone and their leather short overalls.
4. To give this relatively tomboy-ish look a few inches of sex appeal, the metallic high heel strappy sandal from Zara is a perfect fit!
5. One of my favorite colors to wear with black is emerald green. The brasileira clutch, available at Anthropologie, is also a nice compliment to the beading in Alicia Piller’s necklace.
See you on May 1st!