Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is here again with the Fall 2014 collections! As a Chicagoan, we tend to LIVE for the fall (but we can certainly do without winter). Fall allows us to ditch our shorts and tank tops and play dress up again. More importantly, runways full of fall clothes allows me to play Frame of Mind again.
I will choose one designer for each day of the F/W 2014 New York Fashion Week as the inspiration for my design boards.
First up is BCBG Max Azria. For their 25th anniversary collection, BCBG Max Azria presented a collection featuring fur and color blocking. I imagined a room filled with a softness of color, boldness in shape and fuzzy-like warmth.
1) The soft rose color and bold black graphic shapes in the Janey Pillow from CB2 is a direct pull from the runway look. It compliments it with perfection.
2) The BCBG Max Azria runway look is sharp (or as my Aunt Sandy says, “Shaaaaaaaaaaaarp!”). The Arteriors Mercedes Mahogany Chair is just as sharp with its rich, buttery leather and deep mahogany wood.
3) To compliment the antique gold in the Janey pillow, I’ve added the Assam Metal Basket, also from CB2.
4) The softness and innocence of color in the Jonathan Adler Lampert Lounger is a nice compliment to the touch of blue as seen in the featured runway look.
5) All good things come in “threes”. To also compliment the Janey pillow’s antique gold accents, I’ve paired the Assam basket with a couple of Dwell Studio Triangle Stripe Boxes.
6) What’s wonderful about the featured runway look is that it’s bold and interesting while remaining minimal. The same can be said for the Arteriors Home Hadley Floor Lamp.
7) All of this boldness deserves a touch of fuzziness. The Flokati Shag Rug from Hayneedle serves that need for warmth and visual fleeciness.
8) I’ve used this Botero Coffee Table from Jayson Home before in my design board for Malika Favre and I will likely use it again in a future design board. The lines are so deliciously interesting and yet the natural color of the wood and glass allows the rather large piece to have a certain quietude.